I'm begging for your helpUPDATE 7: The surgery is schedule for the afternoon of November 16th. The out-of-pocket costs will range from $547 to $1125. Medicare cover 80% of the bill, and I’m stuck with the other 20%. As for the wide range for the cost it’s really very dependent on anesthesia. The surgery is scheduled for one hour, but it could be shorter or longer.
I’m disabled and my husband works full time, but we’re struggling to cover the bills I already have as well as our regular bills. Every donation I’ve received through PayPal (email@example.com) and YouCaring has gone straight to paying all my current medical bills, and I still have a few I need to pay.
Please consider making a dona
She is a phenomenal artist with very reasonably-priced jewelry and quilting work, which you can buy from her on Etsy. You can also donate to her directly here.
If anyone can help, I will be very grateful. It breaks my heart to know she is suffering.
I am giving away jewelry to those who help. Anyone who donates $20 or more may choose any 1 piece out of my Still For Sale Gallery on a first-come-first-serve basis: balthasarcraft.deviantart.com/…
Help a deviant out and get free jewelry. It's a win-win!
RIP Tanith Lee
Most of you probably aren't familiar with Tanith Lee, which is truly a crime. She is positively one of the most wonderful authors in the entire world, an unrecognized genius, whose words are gems and whose sentences are goldmines. She is a shining star in my sky, and a few days ago, she died.
I made a pendant for her about a year ago, inspired by her novel The Birthgrave. I wanted to mail it to her, but never heard back. She fought several hard battles with cancer, which I assume is the monster that slayed her in the end. I never got to say "thank you" to her for her amazing work.
But she's still a shining star in my sky, and will be forever.
If you haven't read any of her books, I urge you to do so. I don't know what inspires me more, her exquisite prose poetry or her persistent refrain of rebellion and the search for authenticity and individuality. I hope that someday she gains the recognition she deserved in her lifetime, and that her spirit lives on somewhere as magickal as the worlds she put on the page.
I wrote a book!
This isn't your typical go-on-a-magic-quest-and-fight-dragons fantasy. It's a gritty drama with a fantasy backdrop where everything is just a shade off of familiar. It's a story about violent, compromised people struggling to live and love in a world entrenched in moral ambiguity and spiritual emptiness. Here is the short summary:
Talystasia stands divided. An ancient wall runs down the city’s center, and for centuries, the Lorens and Telyras have vied for dominance. But their endless feud is not the only schism that runs through these pages. Here, loyalties are fractured and hearts and minds are also divided. Will Andreas Telyra and Roselia Loren triumph on the war grounds within, or will they succumb to the cycle of violence and spiral even deeper into the dark?
FIND me on Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/balthasarcra…
If you want something that's posted here and isn't posted there and know you'll buy it within 24 hours, I will post it there for you if that's how you prefer to check out. Just let me know.
My friend ChaosFay is a brilliant macrame artist who makes fabulous necklaces at very low prices. If you commission her for a necklace, I will give you 10% off on any pendant you wish to purchase from me. We can combine your orders if you'd like as well and send you the finished result. Here are some of the awesome necklaces she has made with my pendants:
Interested in trading or purchasing from me? Aryiea has written up a review of me here: aryiea.deviantart.com/journal/…